HIAS Chicago Graduate Application
The 2013 Scholarship Application Period has closed. Please check back soon for more information.
HIAS Chicago Scholarship Criteria
Those eligible to apply must meet the following criteria:
The applicant must be a Jewish immigrant to the United States who:
- Immigrated with his or her family at any time with the assistance of HIAS Chicago, or
- Applied for Permanent Residency (i.e. a “Green Card) or Citizenship with the assistance of HIAS Chicago, and
- Must have lived in the United States for a minimum of 2 years
- Can demonstrate academic excellence, financial need, assistance to the community, and a well thought out educational plan.
- Is currently enrolled, or accepted for enrollment in:
- Professional study in one of the helping professions for the Benton Bernstein Scholarships
- A graduate level program for the Career Enhancement Scholarships
Due to the limitations of available funds, former winners of HIAS Chicago scholarships are not eligible to receive the same category of award.
If you have questions about your eligibility, we encourage you to contact HIAS Chicago before you apply.
In cooperation with Jewish Child and Family Services (JCFS) & Jewish Vocational Services (JVS), scholarship applicant finalists will be interviewed and candidates will be selected by a jury of community members & professional staff. Applicants who are chosen as finalists in the competition must also be available to participate in an in-person interview. All awards will be granted during a special HIAS Chicago scholarship ceremony.
The 2013 scholarship application period has closed. Please check back soon for more information.